Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I’m back after my hiatus

Just a quick note about the fundraiser and then I’ll get back to my story.

To know you have made a positive impact on someone’s life is indescribable. I’m hooked.

I had the privilege to meet someone in a very similar situation than me. On first sight I saw he was cautiously walking with a walker his speech was at times difficult to undertand. (just like me at the same point in my recovery) After talking with him I found we shared even the same type of stroke and some of the same effects. He didn’t know me when I was at that point in my recovery so he won’t see the comparison.

From that meeting(we wouldn't have if it weren't for that talk) and discussions I took two things away from that encounter. First I have the ability to reassure others because I know it will get better. Of a stroke and other challengiing times in life. Secondly I was beginning to lose sight of the progress that I have made. I have a much greater appreciation for where I am now from where I've been. It isn’t 100% but it is a 100% improvement over where I was. So as much help that I was ....I gained so much more. Thanks Rich. I hope you will always believe and have hope that it will get better because it did for me and it will for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment